Re: Supress TextEditor Change event

On Wed, 11 Sept 2024 at 21:58, Benoît Minisini <
benoit.minisini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le 10/09/2024 à 11:46, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> >
> > Aah I see, I never noticed it before but it explains a bug in my IDE
> > ExternalTools feature that has escaped me for a while where it is set to
> > save config changes on Change event.
> > but not if Locked when I'm loading fresh data.
> > I was finding that sometimes the text of one item would overwrite the
> > text of another for some unknown reason. (very annoyingly)
> > Makes sense it could be because of the unexpected Change event
> > triggering when locked and loading new data.
> >
> > I think I'd call this a bug. Object.Lock is supposed to stop event
> > triggers yes?
>
> Yes, but as the event is postponed, the object is not locked anymore
> when the event is raised.
>
> Maybe your fix is a good idea, but why don't you want the Change event
> to be raised at the first place?
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini.

Because a number of my applications react to the Change event.
When text changes it does things I only want to do when all is loaded okay
and when typing text,
I did not realize it was still doing these things when loading a new
document or clearing the text and other things are not fully configured yet
because Lock was not locking.

My fix works so all is good now :)
I just expected (as anyone would) Object.Lock should suppress the Change
event trigger.

Respects
BruceS