Re: Supress TextEditor Change event

Le 10/09/2024 à 11:46, Bruce Steers a écrit :

Aah I see, I never noticed it before but it explains a bug in my IDE ExternalTools feature that has escaped me for a while where it is set to save config changes on Change event.
but not if Locked when I'm loading fresh data.
I was finding that sometimes the text of one item would overwrite the text of another for some unknown reason. (very annoyingly) Makes sense it could be because of the unexpected Change event triggering when locked and loading new data.

I think I'd call this a bug. Object.Lock is supposed to stop event triggers yes?

Yes, but as the event is postponed, the object is not locked anymore when the event is raised.

Maybe your fix is a good idea, but why don't you want the Change event to be raised at the first place?

--
Benoît Minisini.