Re: Gambas PPA for Debian

Il 21/08/24 20:00, Brian G ha scritto:
I am not sure I understand just how Benoit is creating the PPA, which is
different from the way I create the repo here.
if it was signed then It should be possible to add it as a repo to
Debian as I did above.
But I did think there was an apt extension for Debian that allowed to
access a PPA

try : for Debian 12 this works for me

 > su
# apt install pip
# apt install software-properties-common
#|apt  install python3-launchpadlib
|# add-apt-repository  "deb
https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/gambas-team/gambas3/ubuntu jammy main"
# add-apt-repository  "deb-src
https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/gambas-team/gambas3/ubuntu jammy main"
# apt update

Hope this helps

Yes, very much!

Hi Brian,

this was exactly what I was looking for.
Now I can add the Benoit PPA to the Debian repositories, so I could
install a Gambas project from the package created with the latest stable.
Debian has successfully installed the dependencies from the PPA.

I attach image.
Thank you very much

Regards
Gianluigi