Re: Gambas PPA for Debian

On 8/21/24 03:27, Gianluigi wrote:
Here is the script I use to create a github repository that works for
mint and Debian, I run it in my local copy of the repository then update
github's version.

#!/bin/bash
cd ~/Projects/repo
echo In directory $PWD

# Packages & Packages.gz
dpkg-scanpackages --multiversion . > Packages
gzip -k -f Packages

# Release, Release.gpg & InRelease
apt-ftparchive release . > Release
gpg --default-key "MyEmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" -abs -o - Release > Release.gpg gpg --default-key "MyEmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" --clearsign -o - Release > InRelease

# Make list file
echo "deb https://raw.githubusercontent.com/<My_User>/ppa/main/repo ./" > gsh.list

# Commit & push
git add -A
git commit -m update
git push

-----------------

I do this to add it as a repo for both debian and mint

sudo -i curl -s --compressed "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/justlostintime/ppa/main/ubuntu/KEY.gpg"; | gpg --dearmor > /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/westwood-archive-key.gpg sudo curl -s --compressed -o /etc/apt/sources.list.d/gsh.list "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/justlostintime/ppa/main/ubuntu/gsh.list";
sudo apt update

--
~~~~ Brian
Hi Brian,

don't you think that if Benoit signed his PPA, it would be easier for
Debian users to register the repository?

Regards
Gianluigi

--

I am not sure I understand just how Benoit is creating the PPA, which is different from the way I create the repo here. if it was signed then It should be possible to add it as a repo to Debian as I did above. But I did think there was an apt extension for Debian that allowed to access a PPA

try : for Debian 12 this works for me

> su
# apt install pip
# apt install software-properties-common
#|apt  install python3-launchpadlib
|# add-apt-repository  "deb https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/gambas-team/gambas3/ubuntu jammy main" # add-apt-repository  "deb-src https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/gambas-team/gambas3/ubuntu jammy main"
# apt update

Hope this helps

~~~~ Brian