Re: While you're packing (some questions about gb.db2)

On Wed, 14 Aug 2024 at 11:11, Bruce Steers <bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Aug 2024 at 12:10, Gianluigi <gradobag@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Il 14/08/24 11:58, Bruce Steers ha scritto:
>> >

>> > On Wed, 14 Aug 2024 at 10:49, Bruce Steers <bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx
>> > <mailto:bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>> >

>> >     On Wed, 14 Aug 2024 at 11:31, Gianluigi <gradobag@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> >     <mailto:gradobag@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>> >
>> >         Il 14/08/24 10:23, Gianluigi ha scritto:
>> >          > Il 14/08/24 10:18, Benoît Minisini ha scritto:
>> >          >> Le 14/08/2024 à 10:15, Gianluigi a écrit :
>> >          >>> Hi Benoit,
>> >          >>>
>> >          >>> Why was Blob abandoned?
>> >          >>> Why can't the string field contain an image?
>> >          >>> Is the string field (which replaces Blob) only used to
>> >         contain the file
>> >          >>> address?
>> >          >>>
>> >          >>> Happy holidays again
>> >          >>>
>> >          >>> Gianluigi
>> >          >>>
>> >          >>> P.S. If you don't have time to answer, don't worry, when
>> >         you return the
>> >          >>> list will be much longer ;-D
>> >          >>>
>> >          >>
>> >          >> You can put whatever you want in a string. Just see it as a
>> >         array of
>> >          >> bytes.
>> >          >>
>> >          >> Regards,
>> >          >>
>> >          >
>> >          > ah ok, as usual, I didn't understand.
>> >          >
>> >          > Thanks and regards
>> >          > Gianluigi
>> >          >
>> >          >

>> >         Hi Benoit,
>> >
>> >         I did as you suggested, but I still get the same error:
>> >         Cannot create record: unrecognized token: "'‰PNG
>> >         ^Z
>> >         "       -1
>> >
>> >         What didn't I understand? See attached project link:
>> >         https://paste.c-net.org/BalloonPavilion
>> >         <https://paste.c-net.org/BalloonPavilion>
>> >
>> >         Regards
>> >         Gianluigi
>> >

>> >     Did you try just loading the image directly?
>> >
>> >          hResult!image = File.Load(sPath)
>> >

>> >     Respects
>> >     BruceS
>> >

>> > Sorry i tested that and it didn't work, same error.
>> >
>> > I have overcome Image-String issues with HTTP methods by using Base64 /
>> > FromBase64
>> >
>> > By converting the string to Base64 it removes characters that cause
>> > problems.
>> > then i read back the data and use FromBase64 to convert it back to the
>> > image.
>> >
>> >      hResult!image = Base64(File.Load(sPath))
>> >
>> > this makes "#Database successfully created!" message :)
>> >
>> > Respects
>> >

>> Hi Bruce,
>>
>> this was already suggested by Claus but it seems like just a ploy,
>> that's not what Benoit responds.
>>
>> Regards
> [...]

hmm, this is odd.

I found the following works...
    hResult!image = aByte.ToString(0, aByte.Bounds.Count)

This works okay and value is 38489

But I also found aByte.Count and aByte.Length to be 38489 but they fail.

    hResult!image = aByte.ToString(0, aByte.Count)  fails but value is 38489
    hResult!image = aByte.ToString(0, aByte.Length)  fails and value is
38489

Odd
Respects
BruceS