Re: While you're packing (some questions about gb.db2)

Il 14/08/24 11:58, Bruce Steers ha scritto:

On Wed, 14 Aug 2024 at 10:49, Bruce Steers <bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Wed, 14 Aug 2024 at 11:31, Gianluigi <gradobag@xxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:gradobag@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Il 14/08/24 10:23, Gianluigi ha scritto:
         > Il 14/08/24 10:18, Benoît Minisini ha scritto:
         >> Le 14/08/2024 à 10:15, Gianluigi a écrit :
         >>> Hi Benoit,
         >>>
         >>> Why was Blob abandoned?
         >>> Why can't the string field contain an image?
         >>> Is the string field (which replaces Blob) only used to
        contain the file
         >>> address?
         >>>
         >>> Happy holidays again
         >>>
         >>> Gianluigi
         >>>
         >>> P.S. If you don't have time to answer, don't worry, when
        you return the
         >>> list will be much longer ;-D
         >>>

         >> You can put whatever you want in a string. Just see it as a
        array of
         >> bytes.
         >>
         >> Regards,
         >>

         > ah ok, as usual, I didn't understand.
         >
         > Thanks and regards
         > Gianluigi

        Hi Benoit,

        I did as you suggested, but I still get the same error:
        Cannot create record: unrecognized token: "'‰PNG
        ^Z
        "       -1

        What didn't I understand? See attached project link:
        https://paste.c-net.org/BalloonPavilion
        <https://paste.c-net.org/BalloonPavilion>

        Regards
        Gianluigi

    Did you try just loading the image directly?

         hResult!image = File.Load(sPath)

    Respects
    BruceS

Sorry i tested that and it didn't work, same error.

I have overcome Image-String issues with HTTP methods by using Base64 /
FromBase64

By converting the string to Base64 it removes characters that cause
problems.
then i read back the data and use FromBase64 to convert it back to the
image.

     hResult!image = Base64(File.Load(sPath))

this makes "#Database successfully created!" message :)

Respects

Hi Bruce,

this was already suggested by Claus but it seems like just a ploy,
that's not what Benoit responds.

Regards
Gianluigi