Re: FFMPEG instead of GStreamer for IPTV?

Am 08.08.24 um 12:07 schrieb vuott@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

Hi Claus,

I would like to add that I have noticed that the problem, raised by you, also occurs by using VLC program.
Therefore, I believe that the cause does not lie in gb.media.

Hi

Today I wrote an initial a Gambas vlcplayer class for Gambas. Most of the code was borrowed from sources which were most probably coming from you. The class was tested with 10 prime German TV channels (all based on M3U8 playlists). They all work perfect. Fully synchronous sound and rock solid video - also with full HD channels. This confirms many years of positive experiences with watching German IPTV with VLC.

All attempts to achieve something similar for IPTV with pure GStreamer or gb.media failed. I even had problems playing H.264 encoded video files with the  Gambas Mediaplayer class. Some of them were stumbling like IPTV and some were OK. Files with other encoding didn't cause such problems.

Best regards

Claus