Re: Why is a time of 00:00 regarded as Null?

On Tue, 6 Aug 2024, 12:50 Claus Dietrich, <claus.dietrich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 06.08.24 um 10:28 schrieb Bruce Steers:
>
> What about finding out the time using the command Time()
>
> Time(Null)
> 00:00:00
>
> Time("")
> 00:00:00
>
> The results are identical which is actually my problem.
>
> To get a complete Date consisting of a date- and time-component I
> currently use two properties of data type Date:
>
> - date without time component and
>
> - separate time component.
>
> For convenience of the user they are added internally to obtain a complete
> Date. There seems to be no other way than transferring a complete date with
> time component. Such an expression cannot become Null when using values of
> the presence and future.
>
> Best regards
>
> Claus

hmm so you need to be able to tell the difference between a Null unfilled
time and midnight 00:00 ?

As you are using 2 Date properties, one for time and one for date I would
suggest to pick some past date , for example 01-01-1950 or maybe your
birthday.
and then use that date for ALL your times as you set them.

Then if a time is showing as Null you can tell if it's valid 00:00 or
actually Null by checking if the date part.