Re: Licensing software created with Gambas

Le 25/07/2024 à 14:24, Gianluigi a écrit :
Il 25/07/24 12:55, Stéphane Aulery ha scritto:
Hi,

On the Gambas website and in its code repository I only find references
to the GPL 2.0+ license for Gambas source code and CC-BY-SA 3.0 for wiki
pages.

Is it possible to write non-GPL software with Gambas such as ISC, CeCILL-B?

I think the question arises for component code and other code implicitly
included in a Gambas project.

if you read here (*), you see all the GPL compatible licenses.
I'm not a lawyer, but I don't understand why you want to use a license
that guarantees you less than the one used by Gambas.

GPL is contaminating. I prefer to write my software without trying to control what its users will do with it. For this, the libraries with which the final software code is linked must be in LGPL, and not GPL.

I am not asking that Gambas or its IDE be licensed under LGPL.

I'm asking if the library/component license is GPL and if that's deliberate. A clarification at least.

--
Stéphane Aulery