Re: Balloon doesn't show on first click in QT applications

Le 08/07/2024 à 15:02, Bruce Steers a écrit :

On Mon, 8 Jul 2024 at 13:40, Benoît Minisini <benoit.minisini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:benoit.minisini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Le 08/07/2024 à 14:28, T Lee Davidson a écrit :
     > On 7/8/24 07:49, Benoît Minisini wrote:

    Yes, but there are other problems. Mainly it does not work on Wayland.

     >> I'm thinking about another solution: making Balloon a blocking
    popup
     >> (like the popup of a combo), so that it works on Wayland too and be
     >> visible whatever the context. But then you will have to close the

    balloon before doing anything else, but I don't think it's a big deal.

     >> What do you think?
     >
     > I don't like the idea of having to click on it to make it go
    away. But,
     > if that is the only workable solution, then, okay.
     >
     > Thank you so very much, Wayland!

    It will still disappear automatically after a few seconds.

-- Benoît Minisini.

Could it only do that on wayland and not on x11?
Or maybe it could auto-close on a mouse click?

I'm still hoping x11 will survive waylands apparent takeover just like Gnome2 did with MATE and Cinnamon

Respects
BruceS

I'd prefer to maintain only one source code...

--
Benoît Minisini.