How to embed command line tools in a Gambas app for AppImages ?

Hi

I developed a multimedia app based of ffmpeg, which I call with Gambas shell commands. As I don't want the AppImage to depend on an installed ffmpeg on the user platform, I embedded ffmpeg in the project by adding a dependency in the installer dialogue. My question: How can I use the embedded ffmpeg, because the shell command always uses the ffpmeg tools installed on the host platform - not the embedded one. Do I have to modify an environment variable? If so, which one and how? Do I also have to consider whether the app is executed in development or runtime mode? Is it feasible at all?

Best regards

Claus