Re: Future new database components

Le 23/06/2024 à 00:01, d4t4full@xxxxxxxxx a écrit :
Benôit,

(disclaimer: stupid mobile mail client won't allow to type a reply below the original message)

That's /awesome/ news!

That goal is precisely what I wanted to achieve years ago in prior Gambas versions with ODBC, but since the low-level DB components such as *Result* were not really accessible from higher level Gambas (I mean instancing, populating, etc), it wasn't possible.

Is this already in the repo? Any new branch or something?

I chose to create a temporary set of components for that: 'gb.db2' and 'gb.db2.sqlite3' (for the moment).

As I told in the mail, these components will replace 'gb.db' and its drivers when finished.

With this new component, you still have to write some C/C++ in the driver, but just the minimal part. The rest can be written in Gambas.

Moreover, as the 'gb.db2' component is almost entirely written in Gambas, it will be easier to add new features (at least it's the goal!).

Benoît Minisini.