Re: Editor: Folding sections?

On Sun, 16 Jun 2024 at 00:14, KKing <kicking177@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Re: Editor: Folding sections?
>
> +1
>
> I resorted to using Geany and even notepad++ for some work I had to do
> on some very large projects.
>
> This was Benoit's response to my enquiry in 2019
> > Le 09/09/2019 à 18:50, KKing a écrit :
> > > Is there support for regions and within the IDE code folding?
> > >
> > > If not is it on a wishlist / roadmap ?
> > >
> > > K.
> > >

> > No and no.
> >
> > --
> > Benoît Minisini

Haha , that's such a classic Benoit response 🤣

There's probably a lot of code involved in implementing it as currently we
have "Procedure folding" so it's all tied into Function/Sub methods.

I have an alternative suggestion that may not be too hard to implement ,,
er , for Ben to implement. ;)
(assuming the only real problem you have is you have to fold ALL the
functions separately and cannot do it all at once)

How about a Fold All / Unfold All option?

So not so much a "Region" but you could select a load of functions and then
choose "Fold all" and they all would use existing code to fold.

Also selecting a bunch of folded functions would have an "Unfold All"
option to use existing unfold code.

The only implementation needed would be to detect if procedures (folded or
unfolded) are currently selected and offer the relevant menu option.
TextEditor does have a TextEditor.ExpandAll method that expands all the
functions in one go but i cannot see a way to use it in the IDE.

Just an idea to put out there, something possibly much easier to implement
for Ben as would mostly use existing functions.
Respects
BruceS