Re: SerialPort.Open [Polling]?

On 6/6/24 03:34, Claus Dietrich wrote:
I also wouldn't say, that "polling is not used when xxxChange events are handled".

The page doesn't say that.

It says, "If you do not handle their respective change events, polling is not used." And, I have just added two words to that, "If you do not handle [any of] their respective change events, polling is not used." ([the addition])

I am not well-versed in how special devices are handled in Linux. But, I suspect that the kernel handles hardware interrupts while applications still need to poll the special device file descriptor to be informed of state changes.

--
Lee

--- Gambas User List Netiquette [https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette] ----