Re: SerialPort.Open [Polling]?

Am 06.06.24 um 11:02 schrieb BB:
By the way, in this day and age hardware flow control is, for the main, hardly ever necessary nor implemented at the hardware level. You should be more interested in how the Xon/Xoff flow control works and how to detect and cope with failures therein.

I disagree. Hardware handshakes are a functionality of the UART and are therefore always implemented. The hardware handshakes lines are also supported by any serial interface of PCs - for good reasons.

It is true that some applications don't necessarliy require handshakes, but I am earning money with the use of serial ports and hardware-handshakes are indispensible in 95% of all my cases. The only applications using XON/XOFF I ever came accross where terminal applications and I don't use them no longer since we got rid of modems (decades ago).

Best regards

Claus