From: user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of BB <adamnt42@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2024 10:36:44 AM
To: user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Debugger tries to access count property before _new completes

On 26/5/24 12:32 am, Brian G wrote:
> Do we have to guard against this somehow in our code, or is it a
> debugger bug?

No, guarding against this is "overthinking". Also I think as far as I
can tell from your description, this is more an issue than a bug.

Need a more concrete example of what is happening. .. I have a class
COctopus that has a constructor that does "this" and an enumerator that
does "that" when a clutch of COctopus objects are transversed. The
clutch of COctopi are held in a bagpipe object which purportedly has a
Count property. When I have the bagpipe open as a debugger popup then
the constructor constraint that the count of COctopi in the bagpipes is
indeterminant is causing me confusion if not indecision. See what I mean.

cheers