Re: Debugger tries to access count property before _new completes

On 26/5/24 12:32 am, Brian G wrote:
Do we have to guard against this somehow in our code, or is it a debugger bug?

No, guarding against this is "overthinking". Also I think as far as I can tell from your description, this is more an issue than a bug.

Need a more concrete example of what is happening. ... I have a class COctopus that has a constructor that does "this" and an enumerator that does "that" when a clutch of COctopus objects are transversed. The clutch of COctopi are held in a bagpipe object which purportedly has a Count property. When I have the bagpipe open as a debugger popup then the constructor constraint that the count of COctopi in the bagpipes is indeterminant is causing me confusion if not indecision. See what I mean.

cheers