Re: cannot SkipTaskbar on this program with QT5

Le 12/05/2024 à 14:31, Bruce Steers a écrit :

So is it a case of...
If it works with KDE on Manjaro there is no problem?
🤔

I have just found that if i add...
   Me.SkipTaskbar = True
to Form_Show() then it works as expected.

Even though the IDE has the SkipTaskbar = True set and it's also set in Form_Open() it's failing with qt on MATE if i don't add it to Form_Show().

Is there code like in gb.dbus.trayicon that uses only org.kde.StatusNotifierItem specific functions?
  that looks to me like it's probably only really guaranteed to work on kde.

Should we now say, for a bug free gambas environment you must use KDE (and Manjaro)
(<-- holds up sarcasm sign)

Respects
BruceS

Apparently it's the weird things you are doing that makes the window manager mad.

Your startup class is a form that you hide when it is shown, by calling the Hide() method in Form_Show(). If you remove that, the window does not appear in the taskbar.

The possible reason for this behaviour is that since Qt5, the window properties must be defined after the window has been shown, otherwise it does not work. As you hide the window during its show event, maybe it creates a bad interference.

I will check again if I can define the window X11 properties before calling the Qt show method.

Otherwise, why doing that? Why using an hidden window as startup form? If you don't want it to be visible, don't define it as startup form so that it is not automatically shown.

Benoît Minisini.