Re: cannot SkipTaskbar on this program with QT5

On Fri, 10 May 2024 at 18:11, Bruce Steers <bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 10 May 2024 at 14:46, Benoît Minisini <
> benoit.minisini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Le 09/05/2024 à 19:44, Bruce Steers a écrit :
>> > This is odd, the attached program glaunch if i run with qt5 it shows in
>> > the taskbar even though it's not supposed to.
>> >
>> > it's okay with gtk.  and other programs i have are using skiptaskbar
>> > okay with qt5
>> >
>> > Mint21.3 MATE
>> >
>> > Respects
>> > BruceS
>> >

>> No problem with KDE on Manjaro.
>>
>> --
>> Benoît Minisini.
>>

> Well as lovely as that is to know I do not use KDE on manjaro I have MATE
> on Mint.
> ;)

So is it a case of...
If it works with KDE on Manjaro there is no problem?
🤔

I have just found that if i add...
  Me.SkipTaskbar = True
to Form_Show() then it works as expected.

Even though the IDE has the SkipTaskbar = True set and it's also set in
Form_Open() it's failing with qt on MATE if i don't add it to Form_Show().

Is there code like in gb.dbus.trayicon that uses only
org.kde.StatusNotifierItem specific functions?
 that looks to me like it's probably only really guaranteed to work on kde.

Should we now say, for a bug free gambas environment you must use KDE (and
Manjaro)
(<-- holds up sarcasm sign)

Respects
BruceS