Re: gb.qt5-ext package doesn't work on Manjaro

You're right, Bruce.
But something strange happens:
-Yesterday the qt.5-ext package did not appear in the components list.
-This morning I did what you say: I added the gb.qt.gui and the
qb.qt.qui-ext and I added a Dial and created the packages. Everything works
fine... except, of course, the packages for qt4 and qt5 are created. I only
want qt5, I have always wanted it that way because it is easier to
distribute to my clients.
-Then I have checked the list of components again and now gb.qt5-ext does
appear. "Wonderful, it was just another X-file" I said to myself.
-I have now linked with qt5 and qt5-ext directly and when creating the
installation package... but it continues to create the packages for qt4 and
qt5.

./food-express-0.0.7-1.src.tar.gz
./food-express-qt4-0.0.7-1-any.pkg.tar.zst
./food-express-qt5-0.0.7-1-any.pkg.tar.zst
./food-express-qt5-0.0.7-1.src.tar.gz
./food-express-0.0.7-1-any.pkg.tar.zst
./food-express-qt4-0.0.7-1.src.tar.gz

Although I only link with qt5
[image: Screenshot_20240417_090109.png]

I don't really understand what's happening... but yes: you are right.
Manjaro has gb.qt5-ext package.
Sorry for the noise and thank you very much for that lost hour in my favor.

Best Regards

El mar, 16 abr 2024 a las 21:47, Bruce Steers (<bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx>)
escribió:

> On Tue, 16 Apr 2024 at 20:28, Bruce Steers <bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, 16 Apr 2024 at 19:42, Jorge Carrión <shordi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> gb.qt5-ext doesn't seem exist on Manjaro repositories.
>>>
>>> Must I guess I should install from sources?
>>>
>>> Best Regards
>>>
>> It worked for me.
>>
> Let me be clear about what "worked"...
>
> I setup and installed a new Manjaro VM
>
> I installed just Gambas3 and Gambas3-gb-qt packages with Manjaro software
> installer gui.  (that did about 1.2gb of updates)
>
> I then made a new QT project
> I then set it to use gb.gui.qt.ext as well as gb.gui.qt
>
> I then added a Dial control (part of qt-ext)
>
> It all worked as expected. Manjaro does have gb.qt5.ext component.
>
> This all took about an hour.
>
> Respects
> BruceS
>
> I installed gambas3-gb-qt5 package