Re: gb.qt5-ext package doesn't work on Manjaro

On Tue, 16 Apr 2024 at 20:28, Bruce Steers <bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Apr 2024 at 19:42, Jorge Carrión <shordi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> gb.qt5-ext doesn't seem exist on Manjaro repositories.
>>
>> Must I guess I should install from sources?
>>
>> Best Regards
>>
> It worked for me.

Let me be clear about what "worked"...

I setup and installed a new Manjaro VM

I installed just Gambas3 and Gambas3-gb-qt packages with Manjaro software
installer gui.  (that did about 1.2gb of updates)

I then made a new QT project
I then set it to use gb.gui.qt.ext as well as gb.gui.qt

I then added a Dial control (part of qt-ext)

It all worked as expected. Manjaro does have gb.qt5.ext component.

This all took about an hour.

Respects
BruceS

I installed gambas3-gb-qt5 package