Re: Wayland and Gambas

Le 07/04/2024 à 22:10, Bruce Steers a écrit :
With the greatest respect to Ben i have to say,, I'm not so convinced it is just a wayland is broken thing I think gambas is missing a trick. I mean, I can load gnome files or gnome text editor and they open at the last opened position not just 0,0 .
they seem to know and remembrer their screen position jut fine.

So I think it's a gambas problem/misconception as it seems like only my gambas apps that have zero control over window positioning on the screen.
Respects
BruceS

If I run "meld" on KDE, which is a GTK+ application, it opens at a random position. It does not remember its last position.

As there is no Wayland protocol to specify a window position, KDE and Gnome have to implement their own private protocol to let an application move its windows, and/or automatically remember the position of the windows of the applications.

But then it will work only for gnome applications on a gnome desktop, and KDE applications on a KDE desktop, as long as these private protocols do not become a common Wayland standard protocol.

--
Benoît Minisini.