Re: Wayland and Gambas

On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 at 16:01, Philippe Valarcher <philippe.valarcher@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Wayland and problems :
>
> Soon Xorg will be liable for time (in not so long). Already, many
> distributions offer Wayland by default.
> Given the number of display bugs under Wayland with Gambas, it is time to
> start identifying all these and glimpse some solutions.
> Not so long ago Gambas did not work under Wayland, which will become the
> norm in a short time.
>
> Here is what I have already identified with Patrick and is to be continued
> :
>
> - Skiptaskbar is not operational under Wayland.
> - Applications are displayed anywhere, no need to center them, your forms,
> they will go: "On the screen".
> - It's even worse with several screens.

I find if you want wayland compatibility you have to do the following...

Remove any code using Mouse.ScreenX/Mouse.ScreenY
 As gambas reports these values relevant to the Form not the Screen. (like
the form is as top level as it goes) so your code won't work as expected.
Forget any kind of Main Form positioning.
Getting or setting Form.X, Form.Y or using Form.Move() or using Form_Move()
event, all do not work in wayland.
again, like the form is as top level as it can see so it's X and Y are
relevant to itself not the current Screen,
i found Form.X and Form.Y the same (about 20,20) wherever the form was on
the screen.

Sorry i have not tested for the other problems you mentioned about
SkipTaskbar, TrayIcon, etc

Something just seems kinda horribly wrong to me.  but this how it is.

BruceS