Re: Bye bye Ubuntu!

05.04.2024 22:24, Benoît Minisini пишет:
Le 05/04/2024 à 16:49, Admin a écrit :
That what I was wondering by the way too. Will this in any way affect how Gambas is being released? For example we had a PPA repository for Ubuntu and not even for Debian, for example. Because Benoit was an Ubuntu user. The only system that seem to support the most recent binary releases was Ubuntu. Will it change now?

No, why? The PPA repository is run by Ubuntu, not by my own private computer.

Well, I ment, like, change of personal priorities maybe. Well, no means no.

On the other hand I don't agree that installation from source is far beyond the reach of normal enterprise users. Gambas is very easy and quick to build, I also have a 100+ machines running Gambas software, so centralized update server was a no-brainer, it's easy to create and maintain latest binary and the distribute it over Internet (and I mean Internet, not LAN, because my 100+ users are, like, across 3000 kilometers from one another sometimes). To be honest I don't really need to do that. For example I was interested in a appimage compilation and tried the latest build of Gambas, but it turned out that Gambas relies on appimage-build package or something like that, which is not in Debian anyway, so the feature would not work in any case, so I am back on an official Debian repository's 3.15.2 and don't hurry anymore.

There is an AppImage for appimage-builder!

https://appimage-builder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/intro/install.html

Oh.

Ooooooh.

Thanks.

This is what I used in Ubuntu. I didn't try you it on ArchLinux yet.

Regards,