Re: Bye bye Ubuntu!

Le 05/04/2024 à 11:00, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
Le 05/04/2024 à 10:23, System64 Development a écrit :
El 3/4/24 a las 22:06, Benoît Minisini escribió:
Just for your information, I dropped Ubuntu yesterday and installed Manjaro (ArchLinux) instead. No more snap. So now Firefox and Chromium start in half a second. Package installation is about twice faster. And I see less processes when I run "ps", for exactly the same system and the same KDE desktop.
So I guess I will never go back!
Good decision, Manjaro is fast, stable (within what is possible for a rolling release distro), the appearance is well maintained in all desktop "flavors". I prefer XFCE for its low resource consumption but perhaps the KDE version is not far behind in terms of resource consumption.

I have 32 Go RAM. When my KDE desktop is loaded, with Thunderbird running, I have 30 Go RAM free.

"GB" in english, not "Go" (it's french)

--
Benoît Minisini.