Re: Bye bye Ubuntu!

Le 05/04/2024 à 10:23, System64 Development a écrit :
El 3/4/24 a las 22:06, Benoît Minisini escribió:
Just for your information, I dropped Ubuntu yesterday and installed Manjaro (ArchLinux) instead. No more snap. So now Firefox and Chromium start in half a second. Package installation is about twice faster. And I see less processes when I run "ps", for exactly the same system and the same KDE desktop.
So I guess I will never go back!
Good decision, Manjaro is fast, stable (within what is possible for a rolling release distro), the appearance is well maintained in all desktop "flavors". I prefer XFCE for its low resource consumption but perhaps the KDE version is not far behind in terms of resource consumption.

I have 32 Go RAM. When my KDE desktop is loaded, with Thunderbird running, I have 30 Go RAM free.

Finally Gambas3 is updated more or less 20 days after the stable version is published.

Since you are in this world now, how do we put Gambas3 software in AUR?

No idea at all!

--
Benoît Minisini.