Re: Bye bye Ubuntu!

On 04/04/2024 10:50, Benoît Minisini wrote:
Le 04/04/2024 à 00:19, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
Le 03/04/2024 à 22:57, Jussi Lahtinen a écrit :
Firefox starts in less than a second on my 2008 build computer (Mint Cinnamon). KDE is very heavy, bloaty for my taste. And I hate snap, flatpak, appimage, etc, just poor solutions for poorly-portable software. Unnecessary when things are done right.

Jussi

I agree!

And I forgot: boot is faster, as soon as you start installing database servers, whereas both ArchLinux and Ubuntu use the same systemd.

Regards,

that's a plus for slackware as well, which has no systemd and starts applications up fast as it doesn't use flatpacks or other "portable" bloat by default. :-)