Re: Why can't a MediaPipeline be restarted after a stop?

Le 26/03/2024 à 17:10, Claus Dietrich a écrit :
Can someone explain why I can start and stop the playing of a web-radio stream with a MediaPipeline but not restart it?

My practice shows, that a pipeline which contains a LinkLaterTo-Link shows this behaviour. As a consequence I have to Null the pipeline, set it up again and start it again which is inconsistent and inconvenient.

Here a minimum project with this problem:

  Private pl As MediaPipeline
  Private src As MediaControl
  Private cnv As MediaControl
  Private snk As MediaControl

Public Sub Form_Open()

   'Generate Pipeline
   pl = New MediaPipeline

   'Generate MediaControls
   src = New MediaControl(pl, "uridecodebin")
  src["uri"] = "http://icecast.ndr.de/ndr/ndr1wellenord/kiel/mp3/128/stream.mp3";
   cnv = New MediaControl(pl, "audioconvert")
   snk = New MediaControl(pl, "autoaudiosink")

   'Link MediaControls
   src.LinkLaterTo(cnv)
   cnv.LinkTo(snk)

End

Public Sub ButtonStart_Click()

   pl.play

End

Public Sub ButtonStop_Click()

   pl.Stop

End

Best regards

Claus

No idea. It works with the default GStreamer media player.

Anyway, in your case, you should use "Pause()" instead of "Stop()".

Benoît Minisini.