LGPL licensing question

Is anyone well-versed with the ins and outs of LGPL licensing?

For example, the LGPL 2.1 license [https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/lgpl-2.1.html] states:
"A 'work based on the Library' means either the Library or any derivative work under copyright law: that is to say, a work containing the Library or a portion of it, either verbatim or with modifications and/or translated straightforwardly into another language."

What is meant by "language"? Is that human language or programming language? I would have to assume it means a human language, but it may mean both.

So my question is, if a C header file is translated to BASIC, is that considered a derivative work and subject to the license terms with the same requirements for copyright and disclaimer notice?

--
Lee

--- Gambas User List Netiquette [https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette] ----