Re: Inline Programming Notes not behaving as expected

On 23/3/24 12:25 am, T Lee Davidson wrote:
On 3/22/24 01:22, BB wrote:
On 22/3/24 2:23 pm, T Lee Davidson wrote:
Reference: https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/ide/tasks

Though the page doesn't say so, I assumed that a project would need to be compiled for inline programming notes to be either added to, or removed from, the Notes tab. Instead, I found that the project has to be Reloaded for the changes to be displayed in Notes.

Is this how it is intended to be?

Works fine here. (QT5) In fact the notes tab is updated as I type, well almost anyway.

Oh, so that's how it's supposed to behave :-)

Yes, it seems to work fine /as long as the Notes tab is expanded into view/ while edits are being made. If the Notes tab is not visible, it is not updated until it is again visible and an edit is made.

I suppose that is livable even though not what I would expect.

Thanks Bruce.

Aha, now I see what you mean. Yes, it is not optimal.

p.s. I wonder why an edit (any edit) makes the note appear? It is not as if the file has been saved.