Re: [Gambas-user] M/L replying to users email not the list

Am 04.03.24 um 21:42 schrieb Jose J. Rodriguez:

On Mon, Mar 4, 2024 at 3:34 PM Christof Thalhofer <chrisml@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:chrisml@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Am 04.03.24 um 20:20 schrieb Bruce Steers:
     > I've replied to some messages today that have not gone to the
    list but
     > to the persons email addresses directly.
     >
     > does not seem like the normal.

    Oh ... "firefox https:/mail.google.com <http://mail.google.com>"

    Grmbl. Has Gmail a reply-to-list option?

Hmm, if you hit Reply in gmail, you get the original user email, if you hit Reply to all, you get the original in TO: and the list email in CC:. You have to delete the user email and drag the list email from CC: to To:.

Grumble indeed...!

The problem is: "Reply-To:" is often used for a DKIM signature and if overridden DKIM fails which can be a sign of a spoofed email (for example for phishing purposes). It could also be a sign for spam.

So I wanted that the ML sends mails with a correct DKIM signature. This also needs that we get rid of the "[Gambas-user]" prefix in the subject and the former ML-footer (that "netiquette" thing at the bottom of each mail).

We have a lot of Gmail-users. Gmail recommends DKIM for mail admins:

https://support.google.com/a/answer/81126?hl=en

DKIM

Turn on DKIM for the domain that sends your email. Receiving servers
use DKIM to verify that the domain owner actually sent the message.
Learn how to turn on DKIM for your domain.
It is a shame that they do not offer a reply-to-list option.

---

Go! Tell it the admins of Gmail if you find one.

---

As an alternative I can configure the list to overwrite "Reply-To:" which leads to a higher probability that you find our mails in Gmails spamfolder.

---

Don't you want a mail provider that doesn't analyze you and does its job properly?

---

Gmail users can also use Gmail as a provider and fetch and send mail with Thunderbird.

---

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--