Re: [Gambas-user] Blurry text when PDF pages are rendered with gb.poppler and displayed with a DocumentView

Am 24.02.24 um 13:26 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
In the last commit, I modified the Render() method so that if you specify the width and height arguments, and not the resolution argument, the best drawing resolution will be automatically computed.

That way, no need to tackle the problem of conversion between pixels, resolution and absolute size anymore!

Here is the modified code in the DV_PDF_POPPLER project:

Public Sub DocumentView1_Draw(Page As Integer, Width As Integer, Height As Integer)

  Dim hImage As Image

  hImage = $PDF_Doc[Page].Render(0, 0, Width, Height)
  Paint.DrawImage(hImage, 0, 0)

End

Am 24.02.24 um 14:06 schrieb Gianluigi:
Hi Benoit and Claus,

I would say that now the pdf with gb.poppler is ok.
Attached image

Benoit: Thank you for your efforts and

Gianluigi: thanks for your test

but a test with the up to date master and the newly proposed draw event handling routine (without setting the document resolution) still shows that gb.pdf provides a better result. The difference is not overwhelmingly but it is clearly visible.

Here the 1:1 comparison as screenshot: https://magentacloud.de/s/aKDS2d2ySgKRn4K

Upper: gb.pdf

Lower; gb.poppler

The rendering result of gb.pdf is also competitive with a document viewer like xreader and hence my reference.

Text rendering is a very complex subject which I do not fully understand but I believe that a "suitable" resolution cannot be the only key for a good result. I am wondering what gb.pdf is doing differently.

Best regards

Claus

----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----