Re: [Gambas-user] Re: It would be could to ban/hide some files from the debugger

Am 26.02.24 um 09:24 schrieb Benoît Minisini:

Le 26/02/2024 à 01:10, Bruce Steers a écrit :

Maybe if we put something like

Public Const _Hidden as Boolean = True

and the IDE debugger then stops showing me that class ?

Please don't show me horror movies!

:-)

More seriously, you ask for a debugging feature, and it's not a good
idea at all to mix it with something inside the debugged code.

Yes!!

It must be implemented with a new flag in each class inside the
interpreter, new instructions in the debugger to handle it, and their
GUI part in the IDE.

I also see the problem (which annoys me since Visual Basic) that when I open a single class file in the IDE to edit it, after debugging with F5, the IDE opens a bunch of class files that I'm not interested in. The additional open files were apparently opened because the code in the first file needs them.

So I think it would be much better if the IDE could remember which files were open before debugging and only show those afterwards.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur