[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2951: gb.report2 generates endless pages crashing gambas IDE

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2951&from=L21haW4-

Comment #1 by Willy RAETS:

Today I worked on making an old gb.report that could do multiple things into 2 reports as gb.report2 does not allow the old method I used.

So, in the old gb.report I had a few ReportVBoxes that are common for 2 situations and draw their data from a database using a result set.
Then I had 2 more situational ReportVBoxes. Depending on the argument passed to the report either one or the other is visible.

So, now I made 2 reports.
Each has the common ReportVBoxes needed for both reports and 1 of the situational ReportVBoxes.

I got one to work, so copied and pasted the report (as 85% to 90% is the same), replaced the situational ReportVBox with the other situational ReportVBox and all of a sudden the endless pages appeared again.
Couldn't wrap my head around it. What was different?

Turned out the last (lowest on the report) ReportVBox (the situational) I copied from the original gb.report had visible set to false.
Setting visible to true stopped the endless generation of pages.

So in short:
- Place 2 ReportVBoxes on a report. Set the lowest to invisible, the above to visible and trouble occurs in endless pages.
- Place 2 ReportVBoxes on a report. Set the lowest on visble, the above to invisible and you get 2 pages report instead of 1

I do hope that it will be possible again as it makes more complicated reports possible.

I am currently migrating all reports in a big project with multiple applications and many reports, from gb.report to gb.report2.
And meanwhile I did run into some more trouble, but that might be related to this problem, so I await a solution and some testing before I report any new bugs.

gbWilly

----[ Gambas bugtracker-list is hosted by https://www.hostsharing.net ]----