[Gambas-user] Mailinglist host will be upgraded

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 18:50:49 CET 2024

On 1/31/24 06:35, Christof Thalhofer wrote:
[snip]
> mlmmj is stable, but AFAIK it lacks a good web frontend. Maybe we could write one in Gambas, but we need to use the Gambas that
> is installed on the server:

[snip]
> I think we can live a couple of days without a frontend as long as we show a small help on 'https://lists.gambas-basic.org/' as
> new users can subscribe via email.

I assume you are referring to a subscription management frontend. Yes, un/subscribing is as simple as sending an email to
listname+un/subscribe at domain.tld so that frontend could be just 'mailto' links with the appropriate addresses.

What about a searchable web-based email archive? I find that functionality very useful.

README.archives mentions mlmmj-webarchiver[1] which uses MHonArc[2] (available in Bookworm). I presume, if we chose that option,
we would still be able to use mnoGoSearch[3] for the archive search functionality.

--
Lee

[1] https://git.cryptomilk.org/projects/mlmmj-webarchiver.git
[2] https://mhonarc.org/