[Gambas-user] No way to display HTML in Gambas 3.15?

Admin admin at allunix.ru
Tue Jan 23 19:15:36 CET 2024

23.01.2024 23:50, Benoît Minisini пишет:
> Le 23/01/2024 à 12:46, Admin a écrit :
>> Greetings!
>>
>> I used to display HTML content during, I think, 3.8 times and now I
>> wanted to make an HTML view of some kind using standard Debian
>> repository version of Gambas which is 3.15.2, and found no way to do
>> it. As I can see from the documentation, gb.form.htmlview only
>> appeared in 3.17 and gb.gui.qt.webkit was deprecated after 3.8. Same
>> with gb.qt4.webkit and gb.qt5.webkit. So... there was no way of
>> displaying HTML from 3.8 to 3.17? I really don't want to compile
>> newer version of Gambas since all machines that use my software are
>> debian-based distros with bullseye repository, don't wanna risk the
>> compatibility. I'd rather drop the idea of displaying HTML content.
>> But just to make it clear, am I wrong or is there really no way?
>>
>> Dmitry
>>

> The documentation describes the latest state of Gambas. The 'webkit'
> components are now deprecated, since Gambas 3.16, but they are not in
> Gambas 3.15.
>
> Regards,

Thanks Benoit, then I must be a little misguided by the docs, wich
clearly state that it was depricated in 3.8, not later. Just to clarify
- there is no way to display HTML while still using gb.gui? I would have
to chose specifically QT4 or QT5 to have any kind of htmlview, webkit I
mean, right?

Dmitry.