[Gambas-user] Menubar background only changes to Form.Background on top level window (gtk3)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 22:07:11 CET 2024

On Mon, 22 Jan 2024 at 20:47, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a couple of issues in a GUi build...
>
> Issue1
> I can set Form Background / Foreground colors but then I get the following
> behavior with gtk3...
> the Menubar background color changes to correct color only on the top
> level window but not other opened windows.
> While the Foreground color changes on all windows.
> Leaving a risk of having same color bg and fg on opened windows.
>
> QT it all works as expected.

A little more testing reveals it is not because of the TopLevel status and
is something else.

I can change the startup form to be the window that's not changing the
menubar bg and it still does not work.
I now do not know what's causing it.

So i've worked around it by not setting the colors on the main form just
the containers (so menubar is not effected)

> --------
>
> The other issue is with various gui text rendering.
> If i set Form.Foreground = Color.White
> Then things like Labels,MenuButton and others change to white text. things
> like Buttons/TogleButtons do not.
> I have to add this code to make things render the correct text color...
>
>   For Each c As Control In Me.Controls
>     c.Foreground = Me.Foreground
>   Next
>
> But that's only a workaround and only viable if i have no explicit text
> colors set.

this is still relevant though.

Respects
BruceS