[Gambas-user] emailing using SMTP is there a way to duplicate into Sent Items folder?

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 18:53:56 CET 2024

On 1/20/24 23:46, KKing wrote:
> I'm using Gambas SmtpClient to send emails satisfactorily, but the emails to not automatically appear in the "Sent" or "Sent
> Items" folders for the mailbox.
> Brief search on web seems to suggest you need to copy the files manually to there via IMAP.
> and a search in these mailings seem to suggest no way to interface with IMAP from Gambas.
> Is that all (still) true?
> K.

I don't know about what it takes to cause sent mail to appear in the "Sent" folder. But regarding interfacing Gambas with IMAP,
it is not entirely true that there is no way to do it.

It is true that there is no IMAP component or class in Gambas, but it is not true that there is no way to do it. You could use
the Socket class from gb.net to create your own interface. However, as I understand it, the IMAP specification is quite complex
and, hence, the reason no one has created an IMAP class for Gambas.

--
Lee