[Gambas-user] gb.media - audio recording file is emptied when ending the program

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Thu Jan 18 21:39:40 CET 2024

Am 18.01.24 um 18:44 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> What do you mean by "release en EOS"? "Send" a EOS message to the
> pipeline bus? It is automatically done when you call the Stop() method
> on the pipeline.

I inserted an event handling routine to intercept the pipeline event
messages and after some time I started to believe what you confirm above.

These are my observations:

1.    When I start the pipeline I repeatedly received the messages until
the Message["buffer-percent"]=100

"GstMessageBuffering"

Message["buffer-percent"]=...
Message["buffering-mode"]=....
Message["avg-in-rate"]=...
Message["avg-out-rate"]=...
Message["buffering-left"]=...

2.    After having stopped the pipeline, I repeatedly _and for some
time_ received the messages

"GstMessageStateChanged"

Message["old-state"]=playing

Message["new-state"]=paused

3.    Some time later I repeatedly received the messages

"GstMessageStateChanged"

Message["old-state"]=paused

Message["new-state"]=ready

My questions:

Is number 3 the moment when the buffer has been fully transferred to the
file?

Do the "new-state" messages correspond with MediaPipeline.State?

Best regards

Claus