[Gambas-user] gb.media - audio recording file is emptied when ending the program

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Thu Jan 18 18:42:30 CET 2024

Am 18.01.24 um 17:12 schrieb T Lee Davidson:
> On 1/18/24 01:25, Claus Dietrich wrote:
>> Thanks for the warning. There are plenty of threads in GStreamer
>> forums dealing with this subject and we may have to learn how to
>> release an EOS in Gambas and/or to check the status of the pipeline
>> buffer. If someone knows how to do this - please share it.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Claus
>
> EOS? End of Stream?

Yes. I found the GStreamer plug-in "appsrc" with an API offering to
inject an EOS into a pipeline

(https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/app/appsrc.html?gi-language=c)

I am assuming that it should be possible to monitor the reaction by
reading pipeline messages or to read the state-property.

Whether gb.media offers other means to release an EOS is unknown to me.

Best regards

Claus