[Gambas-user] gb.media - audio recording file is emptied when ending the program

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Thu Jan 18 07:25:47 CET 2024

Am 17.01.24 um 23:06 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> I think it's fixed in the last commit.
>
> I was wrong, using GUI or not didn't affect the problem. The bug was
> that pipelines were incorrectly restarted when freed!
>
> Because if you ask GStreamer to stop a pipeline whereas it is closed,
> the pipeline restarts.
>
> Tell me if it is ok for you.

I tested it with an up-to-date master - it works!

Thanks a lot for paying attention to this problem and your proper fix.

Am 18.01.24 um 01:56 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> I guess that for 'filesink', 'Stop()' does not mean the job is
> finished, as you may call 'Play()' again.
>
> As by default 'filesink' uses a buffer, things are not immediately
> written to the disk (you can disable that). So if you break the
> pipeline before the normal end, you may get a void file.
>
> Only 'Close()' will tell 'filesink' that the job is done, and so force
> him to flush everything to the disk.

Thanks for the warning. There are plenty of threads in GStreamer forums
dealing with this subject and we may have to learn how to release an EOS
in Gambas and/or to check the status of the pipeline buffer. If someone
knows how to do this - please share it.

Best regards

Claus