[Gambas-user] MediaView now works on Wayland!

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Sat Jan 13 02:32:22 CET 2024

Am 12.01.24 um 02:05 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> Hi,
>
> After having used tons of elbow grease, I finally succeeded in playing
> videos on Wayland with GStreamer, using GTK+3 or QT5 toolkit.
>
> I think I can happily rest now, and start thinking about releasing
> Gambas 3.19.
>
> Regards,

I confirm, that the scrambling of the video is now fixed on my Mint 20.3
Cinnamon. Big job! Thank you so much.

However, I experienced a surprise with the IDE of the up-to-date master.
After having created a new QT project there was no start-up code like

Public Sub Form_Open()

end

in the FMain class.  I suggest to check this before releasing 3.19.

Best regards

Claus