[Gambas-user] "Cannot set status" by playing a VIDEO file with MediaView

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Tue Jan 9 18:23:12 CET 2024

On 07.01.24 at 17:56 vuott wrote via User:
/> wanting to run a VIDEO file with MediaView (gb.media.form Component),
the error is raised:/
/> « Cannot set status »./

On 08.01.24 at 15:48 Claus wrotevia User:
 > Same here on Mint 21.2 Mate with Gambas 3.18.4.

I withdraw my above post. Meanwhile I found that I didn't use the
MediaView class as probably
intended and now it works far better. However, there is still an issue left.

Here my reference snippet with according comments (Mint 21.2 Mate and
Gambas Master).

Private mv As MediaView

Public Sub Form_Open()

Me.W = 500
Me.H = 320
Me.Arrangement = Arrange.Fill

mv = New MediaView(Me)

mv.Expand = True

'Example 1 - causing error "Cannot set status"
mv.URL =
"https://file-examples.com/wp-content/storage/2018/04/file_example_AVI_640_800kB.avi"

'Example 2 - works
'mv.url = "'mv.URL =
"https://files.edge.network/misc/avi/file_example_AVI_640_800kB.avi"

'Example 3 - works but playing cannot by stopped
'mv.URL =
"https://filesamples.com/samples/video/mkv/sample_960x400_ocean_with_audio.mkv"

Example 4 - works
'mv.URL = "/home/" & System.User.Name &
"/Videos/sample_960x400_ocean_with_audio.mkv"

End

Public Sub Form_Close()

mv.Stop

End

When I started the video Example 1 directly with gstreamer ....

gst-launch-1.0 playbin
uri=https://file-examples.com/wp-content/storage/2018/04/file_example_AVI_640_800kB.avi

I got the error message: Missing decoder: text/html (text/html)

It seems that this problem is rather caused by the web page. The same
video under the URL of Example 2 works fine.

However, does somebody have an explanation why I couldn't stop the video
of example 3 ? The same video as local file ((Example 4) doesn't have
this problem .

Best regards
Claus

/