[Gambas-user] Information about gb.sdl.audio2 component gb 3.18.2

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 02:06:53 CET 2024

On Tue, 9 Jan 2024 at 00:04, <fabien.toniutti at free.fr> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I don,'t understand difference between SOUND and MUSIC in new
> gb.sdl.audio2 component.
>
> A) In what case i need use sound, in what case i need use music?
>
> B) If i want to do sequencer program for example, what should i use?
>
> C) Is it possible to change Pitch (frequency) of one sound with sdl?
>
> example i have one piano sample DO.wav
>
> If i change pitch frequency, i could do all notes from piano keyboard.
>
> Thanks for your answer.

I take it you have studied the sdl2.audio wiki page
https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.sdl2.audio

Music and Sound classes and their functions are explained there.

A brief overview shows Sound only deals with wav files and has frequency
settings but less play control
Music loads other audio including midi and has more play control but no
speed/frequency option.

Respects
BruceS