[Gambas-user] Picture.ToString() ?

Benoît Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Thu Jan 4 16:46:45 CET 2024

Le 04/01/2024 à 16:40, Bruce Steers a écrit :

> Ok cool,
> Does that technically mean png file sizes differ but quality remains the
> same or does "compression" effect quality too?
> when checking out the qt png saved files i could not really visibly see
> any difference in 2 files where one was twice the file size as the other.
>
> (just so i know when i update the wiki info)
> Thank you Benoit :)
>
> Respects
> BruceS

PNG is a lossless format.

Anyway, you will have different resulting sizes for the same image and
the same compression level between Qt and GTK+, because the saved image
metadata is not exactly the same.

The solution is what I implemented in the IDE: using 'pngquant' once the
image is saved to get the smallest possible png file.

Benoît Minisini.