[Gambas-user] Happy new year 2024!

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Thu Jan 4 10:38:25 CET 2024

Am 03.01.24 um 21:09 schrieb Brian G:

>> But I think the main problem is the future of 'Gambas'.
>> Gambas has only one main developer, and that gives no security in the
>> future. What if Benoît decides tomorrow to only make music from now on?
>> Who would continue the project "Gambas Almost Means Basic" to keep up
>> with the changes in IT?
>>
> What happens to linux
> if linus decided to make music from now on?
> he is the gatekeeper

Linus doesn't write the code of Linux alone.

Charlie is indeed right. Is there anyone except Benoît who fully
understands Gambas? Is there any documentation on the internals of
Gambas that allows others besides Benoît to fix problems? Who hosts
gambaswiki.org, which we all depend on?

Let's think about whether it would make sense if we form an organization
that takes care of different aspects of Gambas to ensure Gambas a long
life in the future.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--