[Gambas-user] Picture.ToString() ?

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 00:17:50 CET 2024

On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 at 23:09, Claus Dietrich <claus.dietrich at freenet.de>
wrote:

> Hi Bruce
>
> Am 03.01.24 um 23:44 schrieb Bruce Steers:
> > I do not know if any other formats support quality (i thought only jpeg)
>
> png also supports "quality". As png is lossless the argument is mapped
> to compression and leads to different filesizes (100 = maximum filesize
> and 0 = minimum filesize).
>
> Best regards
>
> Claus

I get the following message if i pass any quality value...

Dim sPic As String = Picture["icon:/16/gambas"].ToString("png", 100)

GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: 23:11:20.946: Unrecognized parameter “quality” passed
to the PNG saver

although sPic does get filled with the image string

(sorry it's a warning so not technically an error)

Respects
BruceS