[Gambas-user] Arch Version 3.18.4 issue with bytecode version

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Tue Jan 2 01:59:59 CET 2024

On 1/1/24 16:10, Brian G wrote:

>>> Yes I can Send the package, In the mean time I cloned the repository
>>> to a Archlinux system and built new packages on the 3.18.4
>>> system and then installed it everything runs fine with that.
>>>
>>> As expected.
>>>

>> I understood. The requested bytecode version is not taken into
>> account when the packager commands are run, as this feature is based
>> on an environment variable.
>>
>> As a temporary workaround, you can define "GB_PCODE_VERSION=3.18"
>> -before- running the IDE and then make the packages from that IDE.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
> OK, will give it a go.
>
> Thanks Benoît

Ok, that works just fine, the correct byte code is generated.
But takes me down a bit of a rabbit hole!
The app image works correctly, but loads plugins that were cached, built with the new pcode.

Maybe the scripter should be also checking the pcode version of cached scripts/plugins

Oh well the world is not perfect ;)

arch and appimage work correctly now on fresh installs.

Is there a way to check the pcode version of an lib/comp/plugin before they are loaded?

--
~~~~ Brian