[Gambas-user] Versions collide! git pull shows wrong version of app

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Tue Jan 2 00:38:19 CET 2024

My projects are housed on github, I have been using that for a while,
and mostly use the current dev version when I pull the projects.

I pulled the project to a system using 3.18.4 and to my surprise the
version number reverted to something from the past.

Investigating I discovered the ,project file contains the older version
number and the .version file contains the newer

version number. So opening the project with the older IDE uses the
.project version file. and newer IDE's use the .version file.

Would it be useful for the IDE to maintain both version for backward
compatibility?

Maybe I don't understand just what is happening really.

--
~~~~ Brian