[Gambas-user] Get the default file manager

Benoît Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Sun Feb 18 16:33:50 CET 2024

Le 16/02/2024 à 12:43, System64 Development a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I was using Desktop.Open(Path) to open the directory of the shrimp
> projects but now this statement opens the ide, I guess because at some
> point I opened a shrimp project from the file manager and the system
> "memorized" this action.
>
> Anyway, how can I get the name of the default application that manages
> the files? in my case it is Thunar because I use XFCE but what is the
> general way?
>
> Best regards.
>
> Martin.

Here is an explanation of how to find the default applications:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Default_applications

In a few words, there is no standard definition of default application
on Linux desktops.

'Desktop.Open()' either uses the 'OpenURI' method of the desktop portal,
or the 'xdg-open' script if the portal is not present or if
'Desktop.UsePortal' property is false.

Benoît Minisini.